Want to join our team?
We're growing and are always on the lookout for talented, caring people to join our diverse community.
Current Employment Opportunities
Infant Classroom Lead Guide
International Montessori Academy is seeking a full time, AMI-trained Guide for an established Nido Community in the heart of Atlanta. Ideal start date is Summer 2020.
IMA is an authentic Montessori School in the Candler Park neighborhood of Atlanta, serving children ages 8 weeks to 12 years. Our community has families & staff from 30+ countries covering 5 continents. We currently have two Nido classes, three Toddler classes, two Primary classes and one Elementary class.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- A Bachelors degree
- AMI Certification **For the right candidate, we will accept a candidate who still has one more summer of training left. **
- Three to five years of Montessori classroom experience.
- Passion for working with children, continuing professional growth, serving a diverse community, and collaborating with colleagues and parents.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Professional development and in-house training provided with generous scholarships available for staff members' children.
Please send resume and cover letter to Frank Ngure, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Montessori Academy seeks a Spanish-speaking Morning Assistant for our Infant class (8 weeks to 14 months) and a Morning Assistant teacher to join our Primary (3-6 year-old) classes. Hours for the Morning Assistant are 7:30 am -3:00 pm and hours for the Primary Assistant are 7:30 am - 3:30 pm.
We are an established and growing Montessori school in Candler Park with two infant, two toddler, two primary, and one elementary class and growing! We are looking for the right candidates to join our international team!
- MUST BE PUNCTUAL, reliable, professional, and nurturing. A love for and understanding of young children is key.
- Previous experience in a childcare setting is required. Montessori experience is preferred. Candidates must be open to learning and embracing the Montessori philosophy and approach to educating young children (training will be provided).
- Must be a team player who is comfortable collaborating with colleagues and parents.
- Assistant positions require a native Spanish speaker who can also speak English.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Professional development and in-house training provided.
Hours vary depending on Lead and Assistant Teachers’ needs; hours will be plentiful for Substitutes who are able and willing to jump in!
Applicants must be punctual, reliable, professional and nurturing. Previous experience in a Montessori setting is preferred, but not required. Applicants must be open to learning and embracing the Montessori philosophy and approach (training will be provided). Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education, training and experience. Criminal history and references are required.
IMA employs persons of any gender, race, color, creed, family structure, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, military status, and genetic information and permits them equal access to all the rights privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available. No discrimination is made on these bases or other federally protected characteristic in any employment practices.