News & Notes for January, 12
Reminder: IMA will be closed on Monday, 1/15 to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday.
See you on Tuesday!
Thank you to Janis and Lolitia for your thoughtful and inspiring Elementary Presentation last night!! We learned so much! If you missed it, here's a link to an information sheet:
IMA Auction Update
Our Auction is Saturday, March 10th and we're currently collecting donations!
Not sure what to what to donate? Here are 11 ideas to get you started:
1. Do you have a cabin or a lake house that you would be willing to donate for a week or weekend?
2. How about basket of homegrown vegetables or eggs from your chickens?
3. Are you an artist? Donate a painting/pottery/jewelry!
4. Do you have season tickets to a local team? Would you be willing to donate tickets to a game?
5. Would your favorite hairdresser donate a haircut?
6. Would your yoga or exercise studio be willing to donate some classes?
7. How about the holiday gift that your family is not interested in but someone in our community would love?
8. Are you a photographer? Donate a family photography session!
9. What's your favorite restaurant? Ask for a gift card!
10. Do you cook or bake? Donate a meal, dessert, or dinner kit!
11. Teach a mini workshop of your hobby, whether it's bird-watching, knitting, juggling, gardening, or belly-dancing!
Our Flags are here! We're excited to be adding these flags!
Laura will get in touch with you to schedule your flag-raising ceremony.
We'll be working tomorrow, Saturday morning at 10:30am to prepare the ground and dig holes for the flag poles. Please join us if you can!
Mark your calendars! Our International Potluck is rescheduled for Saturday, January 27th at 5pm. Hope to see you there!
Butterfly class update
Hello Butterfly Parents,
Happy New Year! The children came back eager to work and see all their friends. Along with the New year we welcome new families!
June (Jennifer and Geoffrey) and Phineas (Katie and Matthew) are settling in to our community very well. Please help me welcome them to the IMA Family!!!
We are slowly trying to get back into the groove of things and today I will send a slip with an ingredient in your child's lunch box for next Friday's Lunch. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know. I would love your input.
Ms. Amanda provided lunch for our toddlers today-- she's cooking a Spanish tortilla! Here's the recipe!
This is a popular recipe but you can add more vegetables, for example, red pepper or zucchini.
1-Peel the potatoes and cut it in slices
2-Put olive oil in the pan, when the oil is hot add the potatoes and fry them. Season with salt
3-While put the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and beat them, just to mix yolk and white
4-When the potatoes are fried add into the Bowl and mix with the eggs without the oil.
5-Fry in the same oil other vegetables cut in small slices, season with salt and add to the mix without oil
6-Return bottom pan with remaining oil to the stove over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into the pan, making sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Using a rubber spatula, cook until the eggs are beginning to set, 3-4 minutes.Fit the top pan on top of the bottom and flip the frittata. Cook until the eggs are set about 3-4 min.Flip the pan back over so the browned side is now the top is the frittata.
Also, Ms. Amanda's mother has fallen ill and she will be traveling back to Spain and spend time with her family and will be back in February. Martina will be covering until her return.
We will also be sending out the Family of the Week calendar next week. Have a wonderful rest of week and weekend and I'll will see y'all Tuesday!
Thanks for all you do, Charisse, Lisa, and Amanda
Monday, January 15th: IMA CLOSED for Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Sunday, January 21st, 1-3pm: All School Open House
Saturday, January 27th, 5pm: International Potluck at IMA